My dear sister,
Yes, you whom I have prayed for. I prayed day and night that God would give me a sister. A sister that I daydreamed about having. The sister I played make believe that I had. The sister I prayed for. And He has answered. Oh yes, He. has. answered.
I shout for joy as I realize that He has answered my prayers. He has given me a sister. . .actually, that would have been enough, but He has given me more than one. In fact, I cannot even count my sisters.
~So many sisters I cannot count~ Ah. I love the ring that has.
In those many nights of praying, I truly had no idea exactly what I was praying for. Yes, I prayed for a baby sister to hold, to dress up in girlie clothes, to brush her curly hair and to put it in big pink bow.
I prayed for a giggle causer, a secret sharer, dishes buddy, prayer partner. I even wanted to know what it was like to argue with you. I wanted to sew matching clothes and wear them everyday. I wanted to sleep on the top-bunk and in the morning, shake the bed to irritate you.
I wanted to hold your hand when you couldn't bare to stand. I wanted to let you cry into my shoulder when you found out that 'special guy' isn't interested. I wanted to have you there when I am making important decisions and I wanted you to pray for me.
I wanted for you to be the first person I tell when I say "yes"!
I prayed that you would get to fix the train on my wedding dress someday and hold my bouquet as I put a ring on my husbands finger.
I wanted to jump up and down when you call me to tell me you said "yes". I wanted to fix your train on your wedding dress and I wanted to hold your bouquet while you put a ring on your husbands finger. ((Even though I told you you should have picked different colors AND flowers)).
I wanted to go drink coffee with you whenever I just couldn't handle the stress of the 5 kids under 9 years old in my home. I wanted to see you excited when I told you #6 is on the way.
I wanted to go on an adventure with you, sing with you, dance to crazy songs with you, laugh, cry, giggle, talk... with you.
And the day has come. I have realized that the word "sister", in my case, doesn't mean one special person. "You", doesn't mean the girl I grew up with and had sleepovers every night with.
You, my sister, means all of the girls that have giggled with me, prayed with and for me, held my hand when I can't handle standing, cried with me, sang in and out of tune with me, argued with me...and yes, danced to crazy songs with me. The girls who have listened to my secrets, tackled a pile of dishes with me, and caused me to laugh so hard my side hurts and breathing no longer comes easily.
The girls who will be the first ones I call when I say "yes". The girls that will stand beside me on my wedding day and fix my hair and fix my train and fix my makeup, and fix my bouquet and go to get coffee with me when I can't handle the stress and get excited when I tell you #6 is on the way.
Sister means those people, who have stood by me no matter what and are willing to do anything for me! ((Even take my dare to run up and down the driveway yelling embarrassing things))
So my dear sister, I need to tell you something.
God has answered my prayers in a way I could never have imagined. If it were up to me years and years ago, I probably would have chosen one sister... But I'm so glad that that wasn't my choice. I'm so glad He is in charge of my life and has given me one of the most precious gifts a girl could ask for.
You.
Your Sister,
Kallie Michelle

Beautiful!
ReplyDelete