Good Morning!
I wanted to share with you a verse I've been studying. Romans 10:1. I'm currently memorizing Romans 10, yet every time I go back to review this verse, it jumps off the page again and again.
I wanted to share with you a verse I've been studying. Romans 10:1. I'm currently memorizing Romans 10, yet every time I go back to review this verse, it jumps off the page again and again.
"Brothers, my hearts desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved."
Simple, yet not so much. At first glance, this verse has no real meaning; not a substantial amount of information. Yet, it's so much more.
We live in a very dark and crooked generation where people are lost; very very lost. I often find myself judging by *first glance*, which then almost instantaneously forms an detailed opinion of who this person is and what they are like.
I was standing in line (very long line, a might add) at the grocery store awhile ago. I had noticed that the cashier either had a lack for talking nicely, or he had not the ability at all. He was cranky. As we were checking out, I pulled out my gospel tracts but as I looked at him and I'm sad to admit it, but in my mind the thought "he doesn't even deserve to have a gospel tract. All he is doing to everyone is putting a damper on their day".
But wait, what about me? Did I deserve what Jesus did for me? Do I deserve eternal life with Jesus? No and no. I am a wretched sinner; the one thing I deserve is in fact, hell.
This verse really hit me hard. So often me and so many other believers in Christ don't make it our hearts desire for them to be saved. Yet, were we not the very ones being saved?
Our hearts desire and prayer needs to be that the lost sinners (Luke 15:3-7) may be saved in Jesus Christ.
I did end up handing this (cranky) gentleman a gospel tract. He took it from my hand and set it right down beside him. Did he read it? I don't know.... But....
Just the other day I was checking out at the very same grocery store and lo, and behold... Guess who my cashier was? That very same gentleman. Only this time, as I handed him a tract... Was that a smile?
Just the other day I was checking out at the very same grocery store and lo, and behold... Guess who my cashier was? That very same gentleman. Only this time, as I handed him a tract... Was that a smile?
Love in Jesus,
Kallie Michelle
Kallie Michelle
Romans 10:1 "Brothers, my HEARTS DESIRE and PRAYER to God for them is that THEY MAY BE SAVED"
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you think!