Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Hello all!
 My parents surprised me for my birthday with a day trip to Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum! It was a blast epically because I love history so much!!! I came across these pictures today and thought I would share my special trip with my Dad and Mom, with you!


 We drove by Fort Riley on the way!

 We stopped at this amazing Canning Company!(It was really sunny! You can tell by my face!) HA!
  Getting a couple pictures before we head to the Museum.
 At the Eisenhower house! Such a beautiful home!
It's pretty neat how they have been able to keep everything the same as when Dwight was child.
(It was really hard to get good pictures in there. The lighting was really bad)
  I would'a LOVED to play that amazing piano!!! :D

This really neat picture of Anne Frank is made entirely out of fabric pieces!

Like this!

Statue of  Dwight D. Eisenhower

 On the way back we got to stop at this really unique restaurant called The Brookville Hotel. 
They served everything 1870's style! It reminded me of Little House On The Prairie the way the food was served.   I thought the waitresses dresses were super cute being 1870's style as well! 
 Standing out front!
 It was such a special time!
 So we all got really excited to see a fire! (My dad is a firefighter). 'Get your camera out!' My dad said. I pulled it out, getting ready for the picture  whennn....
 .....we came around the trees to see it was only a pile of stuff burning. Oh well!

Fort Riley.
The Beautiful sunset! How I wished we could have stopped to get a picture, but this worked.


 It was an AMAZING day!I highly recommend going to the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum and the Brookville Hotel! 


Blessing in our Lord, 
Kallie



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I love your bubbly narrartive on it all! =)
    We've gone past those places everytime we go to NM, (although I only just recently noticed that they exist, *cough*)that's really neat that you got to stop and stay.
    1870's? No way! 8D
    Ahh, sunsets just seem better somehow out over the praire hills... I love those last two pictures. <3

    xx~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny!

    ♪♫♪~Kallie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!