Its Wednesday evening. My favorite evening of the week. I always leave my church, or rather, my "second home" feeling refreshed and encouraged, ready to press through the rest of the week.
Some Wednesdays, as we pull into the parking lot, I feel as if I'm carrying a huge burden on my shoulders. What I continue to learn, is that I should not carry those burdens alone, but entrust them fully into The Lords Hands.
We visited a nursing home today, to visit a dear friend of ours. While we were there, Cameron and I gave out Thanksgiving tracts to everyone there... And let me tell you, if you want a reaction, hand out tracts at a nursing home. Its great!
As we were waiting on the veryyyyy slow elevator to descend down only 3 floors, there were 2 ladies sitting there, very still. They weren't having a conversation. Just simply letting their thoughts run free in their minds. As Cameron and I handed them each the colorful tract, we received two reactions. One of the ladies was extremely excited. She went on and on about how she loves Jesus, how the tract has bible verses in it and how she really liked it. She thanked us many times for the simple piece of paper, as if she hasn't received any gift of love for awhile.
The words from the other lady were very different. "I'm blind sweetie. I can't see. I'm blind! I'm blind!" How my heart cinched for her. She cried out in desperation, just as to tell us her pain.
As she kept telling me how she could not see, I tried to explain what it was. The lady who could see got very busy reading and reading the tract to the blind lady. Although I really wished to stay, I had to go, the elevator had come and we only had about 15min before we had to head to church. So I left.
But as the elevator closed, all I heard was "Thank you! It has bible verses on it! IT HAS BIBLE VERSES ON IT!!!"
How clear a picture this painted for me. How blind the people of this world are. They cannot see. Unless those of us who see, who are believers in The Lord, share with reckless abandon, with excitement that cannot be hidden. The blind lady, had no other option. There was no way she would be able to see. But the lady with sight and an obvious love for Jesus, chose to share with the blind lady the good news of The Lord!!! How sweet this was to see (and hear!!).
That was my highlight of the day. How wonderful it was to meet those sweet ladies, and I was so humbled by her love for The Lord and the blind ladies eager ears!
Press forward, dear sisters! Continue in His ways!
May God be with you!
Your sister in Christ,
Kallie Michelle
This made me happy. =D You can't really leave a nursing home without a smile, can you? I have so many fun memories from our visits there. And we should look into Thanksgiving tracts! I was thinking about making some Thanksgiving bookmarks to take, but tracts are a great idea too. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you blessed their lives, Kallie!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm a new follower of your blog, and I really like it!
His Princess,
Bekah