Sunday, May 5, 2013

Would you?

Hmmm....I sit here pondering today's sermon. It was taken off of 1 Peter 1: 6-12.
A main point I took away was something my pastor said.
A simple sentence.  "If someone came to you and said 'deny Christ or I will shoot you' what would you do?
What went through my mind was 'of course I would NEVER deny Christ!'
But what about Peter? He boldly said "“Lord, I am ready to go with you both to prison and to death.”. He truly was striving to love Jesus and serve Him. Yet, just as Jesus said “I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow this day, until you deny three times that you know me". Peter denied Christ 3 times before the rooster crowed just as Jesus said. 
Could I be like Peter? Would I really stand firm for Jesus when the moment would come? 
I pray God would be at my side and set me on a firm foundation that would let the words "Never will I deny Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior." flow from my mouth. God, help us!

 "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot wrote that in his journal shortly before giving his life on the mission field.

Matthew 16: 28 says "Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

This is a Poem of today's schools and society. This is a true but very disturbing truth of what our schools and our whole society IS in fact becoming (already is). Would you be willing to lose your life by standing up the Jesus Christ? Or would you deny Him only to gain a life that is nothing but a vapor in the wind, a wave tossed in the ocean?
 
"New Pledge of Allegiance"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule

For this great nation under God
 
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,

It violates the Bill of Rights.

And anytime my head I bow

Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

That's no offense; it's a freedom scene..

The law is specific, the law is precise.

Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall

Might offend someone with no faith at all..

In silence alone we must meditate,

God's name is prohibited by the state.

They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong..

The Ten Commandments are not allowed,
 
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:

Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen


By a 15 year old Christian student.



So, would you be willing to be one who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose?


(I do not own this photo)



May God richly abound in your life today, 
♪♫♪~Kallie~♪♫♪

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!