I
No. God never said He wanted us to be happy! He wants us to be Joyful!
Romans 15:13 says "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
He wants us to be abounding with joy!
The exciting thing is that when we become joyful in the presence of the Lord, happiness will normally come! When we have our heart set on the goal of 'I will be joyful' you will be overflowing with joy that you become happy! Joy is not the same as happiness, as happiness happens when it is easy. Joy comes when it's not so simple. We have to press forward to create a joyful heart!
Here are some ways God has been teaching me to be joyful in every situation; good or bad:
- Reading the Bible every day! I like to pick one verse that I'd like to memorize and/or keep for my 'verse of the day'. When we have Gods word at a constant flow in our hearts, it always gives amazing joy! Joy that would be inexplicable if I didn't have the Lord!
- Praying. Mom likes to make the point that if I had a friend with me for a whole day, I wouldn't go through the whole day without talking to my friend! God gave His Son Jesus Christ to pay the price for my sins. And since He is my best friend, I need to be talking with Him.
Same with bible reading! Let Him talk to you! - Smile! Even when it's hard. When I'm having a hard day and someone with joy smiles at me, that joy often spills over to me! So with a simple smile, you can grow joyful and that can make someone else have joy!
- Make it your desire to bring God the glory in every situation! Growing together for the Lord,♪♫♪~Kallie~♪♫♪
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you think!